Wednesday 3 July 2013

Seattle and Relaxing Before The Madness #15


So I am now in Seattle! It is so hot but so nice at the same time. I have done all the touristy stuff like going up the Space Needle, going to the farmers market where they throw the fish and just generally exploring this huge city. If you want to see more pictures of everything I do, follow my twitter or my Facebook page as it is where I am putting most of them up.


Also in bike news, everything is ready for me to start in a few days riding. It will be good to start actually doing something rather than just wondering around but it is nice to really just relax and get settled in in America. For the first two days the lack of sleep on the way over really sucked as I was awake nearly 20 hours! Now all is good, got into a routine and more accepting of America time.

So wanted to buy one as a cycling helmet but didn't think they were aero enough... 

So some of the best moments so far have been with meeting some great people, on my flight over I sat next to a guy going home from being in London and he was also a cyclist. We spoke for ages about random stuff which really set off my trip well. Then at the train station, looking really lost another guy helped me carry my bike to the hostel I am staying at. (By he helped I mean he carried the huge box on his back while I just walked behind embarrassed by my lack of strength...) Also, I have had two great guys who were in my hostel room, one from San Diego who gave me his details and another who was from Ipswich (my birth place!) and had been on an epic 10 month traveling adventure with his partner all over the Americas! It is great to meet people who have the same out look on life as you as well as just genuinely nice people willing to help.



No comments:

Post a Comment